joi, 18 ianuarie 2018

On Inaction

Collage by RoVoDo from photos on Pixabay







I have always been a person of action, the first who jumps to do stuff, solve stuff, make stuff, the troubleshooter. This is not necessarily bad, while it is not necessarily good. It leads to burnout and fatigue, and one becomes tired of people and this constant asking.
Some years ago, in a HuffPost article, I read for the very first time a saying that has turned into a mantra these past months. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys. 


This does not concern me. Why should  I care? Why is this my responsibility? What is my opportunity cost?

Questions that may be easy to write here, but sometimes there are easy to say as well. And I feel calmer now, with this mantra. I do care from time to time, I imagine what I would have done better, how I would have had more impact. But in the end, there are no statues under construction for yours truly and kindness is a life path, but sacrifice should not be.


The world asks and asks and asks, and I am the ringleader of my team (may that be in my profession or my personal life). It is enough.

The rest is not my circus.




Photos from here (Free-Photos) and here (The Digital Artist)

Niciun comentariu: